Tuesday, June 2, 2009

my weekend at the DOG BEACH!!


look familiar!? perhaps not since at the time this picture was taken there were no dogs on the dog beach. mom and auntie elly went to the beach on both saturday and sunday this weekend because the weather was very nice. they felt guilty for leaving me inside on such a nice day, so they came home saturday afternoon to take me to the beach.

you may remember my first visit to the beach back in march. we're not sure if it was entirely legal since we did not go to a "dog beach" but figured no one would care because it was off-season. now, i'm only allowed on this small sliver of beach.

i don't care to socialize with other dogs because most of them scare the heck out of me!!! i like to meet all the people though, because i'm very people friendly. we took a walk all the way to the end of the beach where none of the other dogs would bother me and played fetch with seashells. at first i was very hesitant to go in the water, but once i did i was having GREAT FUN!! mom said i looked really funny half wet and half dry.

i had to get a bath when i got home because all the sand stuck to me when i was wet. it was kind of gross, but i had a really fun time. hopefully grandmom, grandpop and kikster can tag along next time!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Very sad that there is no pic of you today Bandit. Glad you had fun at the beach though. I don't like other dogs either. hee hee